By using our site, you consent to the use of the following cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
We use traffic Analytics cookies to identify how the site is being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
What is a cookie
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Refusing cookies via web browser
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
- Firefox - How to change your cookie settings in Firefox
- Internet Explorer - How to change your cookie settings in Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 7 and 8
- Google Chrome - How to change your cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Safari (OS X) - How to change your cookie settings in Safari (OS X)
- Safari (iOS) - How to change your cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
- Android - How to change your cookie settings in Android
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.